Skip to main content

Mercy Triumphs!

Am I a modern day Pharisee- a white washed tomb, consumed by knowledge that I have forgotten to love?
Or am I Hosea's wife, caressing an adultress world satisfying lust and greed? 
There's a deep thirst that's unquenchable 
Even the best things in the world seems to miss. 
Ah! All is vanity under the sun.

Passing by wounded lives, unmoved,
Whatever happened to the child who would break at the sight of hate.
Why am I changing to look like the world compromised and cold?

A deep cry, a raging storm with a beautiful mask 
How I wish one can look deep within
You promised you can
My heart longs for You my Saviour 
Rescue me before my heart grows cold

You said even in my abundant sin your grace would abound
You promised to rescue me even if I make my bed in hell. And Yes You did, You found me.
Even though I run far away from You. You relentlessly pursue me
My wounded heart screams vengeance
But then Your sweet Spirit reminds me You were pierced for me
Broken and rejected for me
There on the cross you bled for my transgression 
Making a plea of forgiveness for my offenders
Gently whispering  -"You'll rise my love. Just follow me and see mercy triumph."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In to me, you see!

Before your father and mother conceived You  I conceived you You were with me in my heart, my very imagination and my mind I kissed you with my breath in your mother's womb I sealed you to be mine forever before the foundations of the earth  I marked you with the Spirit  You didn't choose me but I chose you to be mine forever Simply because I made you with love I am the very breath in your lungs  The blood that flows through your veins I have hemmed you and surrounded you within and everywhere with my love You cannot escape my presence I know your wanderings, and I know where you hide My love is present with you in the deepest pit of your despair and disappointment And I will not leave you there But I have raised you from the pit to the power of my faithful and steady love  To proclaim and touch people with compassion and grace As I touch you every day with my love to bring you life My words chiselling your flesh into submission to my loving authority to reflect my love, truth

Secret Garden

Guard the garden that's the genesis of my being The secret place where you formed me Guard my silence and solitude with you That's where you're doing a deep work of making me whole and Holy It's a privilege to be alone with you Jesus teach me to treasure You  You alone sit with me in the garden of my heart  And You yearn and delight to be with me May my wayward heart yearn for you and delight in you You wait gently to tend to the garden of my heart You violently uproot anything that obstructs our love and intimacy You want nothing to interrupt and put out the fire and pure passion of our communion You are jealous over the affections of my heart Like a bridegroom over the heart of His bride You alone are worthy of this wholehearted devotion Give me a heart that is purely devoted to you No one else knows me the way you do Nothing else can fix the mess in this garden Teach me to rejoice when you prune and uproot Father, you are the perfect gardener You're making this g

Crucify! Crucify!

You were about Your Father's Mission, A mission of Love and Justice, A mission of Reconciliation. A relationship broken by sin, You came and restored. You demonstrated the Father's heart of love, For a world marred with sin and shame. An Innocent One crucified! You willingly gave your life on the cross, As an atoning sacrifice and paid the price. You were denied, betrayed,rejected, abandoned, By Your own for whom You came cause of love. They shouted "Crucify! Crucify!" Love responded "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." You died and You rose and visited those who denied You, You met them in love and forgiveness.   Even as my flesh is crucified with Yours, And You live in me, May I behold Your love You demonstrated, On the cross. A love You poured out so lavishly and willingly, A love that was necessary to restore the broken and fallen world. Help me live that love as I walk the earth, Even when denied, rejected and broken by those who pledg