Skip to main content

Abide in This Love

 


Plagued by rejection and trauma,

the body keeps the score,

replaying the thoughts of everything that broke you

as if it were not enough —

it chooses to dwell there,

imprisoning and binding itself to those wounds

till your body freezes,

paralyzed and haunted by memories.


Is there no escape?

Is there no remedy?


A still, small voice makes an appeal:

Ascribe to God the glory due His Name.


Ascribe to God the glory —

now, when I am trapped in these thoughts?


Again, a whisper:

Remain in His love.


How do I remain in His love

when these memories haunt me?

I hear You saying,

For God so loved the world…


Take a minute.

Bask in this truth.


For God so loved the world,

for God so loved me,

that He gave His only Son.


When I feel the world has taken,

God loved me — and the world —

and gave His only Son.


First it was personal.

Then suddenly hope arose —

not just for me,

but for the world:


That whoever believes

shall not perish

but have eternal life.


Help me believe.

Help us believe.


For a generation plagued by depression,

loneliness, and anxiety,

may this truth sink deep

and take residence within us.


May it become so visceral

that the body which keeps score of trauma

would instead remain

in a love much deeper —

a love that bound and broke His body

to make mine,

and ours, whole.


O this deep love of God —

may it penetrate every darkness

and break the shackles

we find ourselves bound in.


May this deep love of God,

this gospel truth,

create new freedom —

a generation of wholeness and praise.


Remind us

it was finished at the cross.

The proof: the resurrection.

Death could not hold Him,

and it will not hold us.


The same Spirit, His breath,

pursues, beckons, calls —

with every breath,

with every thought —

return.

Remain in His love.

Remain in this truth.


Ascribe to God the glory due His Name.

Ascribe to God the glory.


How deep is His love for us.


Forget not, my soul.


His love is deeper than any sin,

deeper than any trauma.

His love is the freedom

and the remedy.


Abide in this love.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Longing for forever!

 Being in the lockdown, I have come to appreciate the stillness, something I am not used to. Life gets so busy and it's like a monotonous routine. I almost felt like a hamster on a wheel. This period of rest has enabled me to slow down and appreciate the things I wouldn't notice because of busyness such as the birds outside my window, the sounds of them chirping every morning. Moreover, me wondering and reflecting as I used to when I was a child, I was so easily amazed at what I was learning. Growing up I somehow lost that and I feel like God is bringing me back to that place where I can be in awe of Him. In one of my conversations with my dear friend I mentioned- " Do you ever wonder why we say best friends Forever or I love you Forever? You know it's not strange that we long for Forever cause it is God who created us with that longing. In Ecclesiastes 3:11 it's written: God has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of...

Out of nothing...

  In the beginning, before anything, when there was nothing— You were. Before time, Your Spirit hovered, hovering over the void, over empty space. Then You spoke— O, You spoke and said, “Let there be light,” and piercing the darkness, light came. Such was the world without You; such is the landscape of our hearts— empty, without form, and void. It was nothing. But You spoke again: “Let there be light.” This time, the Word that existed in the beginning became flesh— the Word incarnate: Jesus, the true light for all, Immanuel, God with us. He dwelt among us. He became like us yet without sin. He became curse for us, and was pierced for our sin. Yet we did not recognize Him. Searching for Him in the law, we missed Him. But the law was fulfilled through His perfect love and sacrifice— and still, we did not comprehend. We thought He deserved it. He sees all our thoughts, the motives of our hearts— dark, devoid of love, formless without Christ, nothing but self. Yet He died and took our ...

The King We Didn’t Expect

  They expected You to come as a military King to rescue them from Roman oppression. But You came as a Servant King, riding on a humble donkey. Your mission was to rescue us  from the sin and selfishness that oppress our souls. But we are still looking for a Saviour to rescue us from the circumstances we are in, but not the oppression within. I am no different from them. I quickly forget and, like Thomas, declare: “I will never believe until I touch His nail-pierced hands and side.” Oh my soul, how quickly you forget how humbly He entered my heart as He entered Jerusalem on a lowly colt. I celebrated and rejoiced when He came and did miracles, singing Hosanna in the highest, “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.” But when the night came and He submitted to the Father’s will, I find it hard to surrender, thinking it is mine. Seeing God pierced and crushed and chastised, I wonder, Where is His strength? I forget that my sin on Him was laid, that His blood and water c...