Skip to main content

Shape the Landscape of My Heart

 



Come, shape the landscape of my heart.


The walls I built to preserve myself,

so that words would not tear me down—

but now those walls keep my heart from love.


May Your constant, persistent love

break them down,

like the walls of Jericho.


The mountains I run to,

finding my highs in my achievements and strengths,

not fully understanding that it all comes from You.


Teach me to glory in You alone.


The valleys I so despise—

my weakness, my failures,

the places where I feel like I am dying a thousand deaths.


Help me grasp that these are places You lead me

to mold me,

to humble me,

to empty me,

and to form Your image in me.


The wilderness You lead me into—

where I experience trials and temptations—

is not to break me,

but to make me an overcomer.


The desert You take me through,

where I build broken cisterns

to quench the deep thirst within me,

only to realise that they can never satisfy for long.


And there I discover again

that only You,

the Living Water,

with Your steadfast love,

can satisfy the deepest thirst

and fill the deepest void in my heart.


And the clear skies above

remind me of the Son who rises.

That darkness is not the end.

Life is.

Resurrection is.


And in every landscape,

You are still shaping me.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Longing for forever!

 Being in the lockdown, I have come to appreciate the stillness, something I am not used to. Life gets so busy and it's like a monotonous routine. I almost felt like a hamster on a wheel. This period of rest has enabled me to slow down and appreciate the things I wouldn't notice because of busyness such as the birds outside my window, the sounds of them chirping every morning. Moreover, me wondering and reflecting as I used to when I was a child, I was so easily amazed at what I was learning. Growing up I somehow lost that and I feel like God is bringing me back to that place where I can be in awe of Him. In one of my conversations with my dear friend I mentioned- " Do you ever wonder why we say best friends Forever or I love you Forever? You know it's not strange that we long for Forever cause it is God who created us with that longing. In Ecclesiastes 3:11 it's written: God has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of...

Out of nothing...

  In the beginning, before anything, when there was nothing— You were. Before time, Your Spirit hovered, hovering over the void, over empty space. Then You spoke— O, You spoke and said, “Let there be light,” and piercing the darkness, light came. Such was the world without You; such is the landscape of our hearts— empty, without form, and void. It was nothing. But You spoke again: “Let there be light.” This time, the Word that existed in the beginning became flesh— the Word incarnate: Jesus, the true light for all, Immanuel, God with us. He dwelt among us. He became like us yet without sin. He became curse for us, and was pierced for our sin. Yet we did not recognize Him. Searching for Him in the law, we missed Him. But the law was fulfilled through His perfect love and sacrifice— and still, we did not comprehend. We thought He deserved it. He sees all our thoughts, the motives of our hearts— dark, devoid of love, formless without Christ, nothing but self. Yet He died and took our ...

The King We Didn’t Expect

  They expected You to come as a military King to rescue them from Roman oppression. But You came as a Servant King, riding on a humble donkey. Your mission was to rescue us  from the sin and selfishness that oppress our souls. But we are still looking for a Saviour to rescue us from the circumstances we are in, but not the oppression within. I am no different from them. I quickly forget and, like Thomas, declare: “I will never believe until I touch His nail-pierced hands and side.” Oh my soul, how quickly you forget how humbly He entered my heart as He entered Jerusalem on a lowly colt. I celebrated and rejoiced when He came and did miracles, singing Hosanna in the highest, “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.” But when the night came and He submitted to the Father’s will, I find it hard to surrender, thinking it is mine. Seeing God pierced and crushed and chastised, I wonder, Where is His strength? I forget that my sin on Him was laid, that His blood and water c...